divendres, 19 de desembre del 2008

Marc Guillemot, skipper of Safran:

Currently out here we have around 20 knots of wind, between 18 and 23. The sea is rough, but probably less than when I arrived. The sun is out, which means I can open the door up and see what is going on. I've had Yann on the VHF. He has been sleeping, so I took advantage to get some sleep too. So at that point I moved away from him slightly, but now we're back close to each other with about a mile between us. I'm going to try to get close to his stern and toss him a bottle of water. I'm going to stay here for as long as it takes. 3 days, 10 days, whatever. The race was yesterday. Now we've moved on to something else. I had a similar experience a few years ago. I'm just trying to talk to him, to reassure him. The subject doesn't matter. He knows he can rely on me. It's more of a psychological help than a physical one, but that's important, because in general it's the head that looks after the rest of the body. That will help him, while he awaits the arrival of the rescue team.
No crec que es pogués expressar millor. Això està passant ara, ara mateix. Com si estéssin jugant el Barça i el Madrid, en directe, i sembla que no importi que dos amics s'estiguin ajudant a 1460 km d'enlloc. La notícia no la trobareu a cap diari, ni a cap televisió, ni enlloc si no es fa un esforç enorme per buscar-la.
"The race was yesterday. Now we've moved on to something else"